Green Solar Airship
Its engine is designed to use energy produced by photovoltaic surfaces and allows complete autonomy and a full range of flight on distances almost limitless. The storage batteries are in fact used only during take-off and landing.
Lightweight materials and innovations such as aluminum, carbon fiber and composite materials, the result of the aerospace research, will optimize shape and firmness of flight of the airship enhancing its stability.
The average cruise speed at full load will be 90 km, with peaks up to 180 km, with the possibility to travel to altitudes varying between 500 and 2500 m. and to be able to land anywhere you want.
The airport is designed to cooperate with the Photovoltaic system of the airship and the battery energy storage, minimizing waiting time.
The solar airship is composed by 4 levels:
- 1° level dedicated to 8 helium tanks, independent from each other and hermetically sealed;
- 2° level dedicated to technical support: storage batteries for engines and other materials;
- 3° level multipurpose airship for client activities. Allows to take advantage of 1400 square meters adaptable to various needs.
- 4° level dedicated to crew and pilot & control systems of about 400 square meters.
Its adaptability allows the airship to cover a wide range of applications: scientific research for land monitoring, military, tourism, hotel, regional or heavy loads transportation, assistance. In this first phase of the design three types of interiors have been developed:
- 1. model for Expo Dubai 2020
- 2. model for regional transport
- 3. model for hotel
Silence, absence of pollution, great maneuverability, possibility to stop in flight for the desired time, allow this innovative transportation to fly over and connect areas hitherto not easily accessible due to lack of airport infrastructure all over the world. Specific historical and/or natural areas, such as deserts, islands, forests, urban areas and town centers will be flown over in the absence of both atmospheric and acoustic pollution.